Shanti Generation • May 28, 29 and 30
Shanti Generation www.shantigeneration.com
Yoga Skills for Youth
Facilitators Training (Phase One)
Learn to facilitate engaging, effective yoga classes for youth.
For yoga teachers, school teachers, therapists, parents, and individuals interested in working with youth and school communities to make peace through yoga.
In this 20-hour experiential training course, you will learn:
· Developmentally appropriate teaching practices.
· Methods for organizing a harmonious class environment.
· Skills for building relationships with school communities.
· Ways of skillfully conducting democratic education.
· Techniques to guide youth in accessing their innate wisdom.
· Insightful processes to engage youth in peacemaking.
· Critical tactics for addressing issues of diversity.
· Systems for developing social and emotional wellness.
Participants will learn an organized system for creating curriculum to meet the unique needs of individual youth and youth groups.
This course will address how to effectively teach yoga to youth in relevant language.
Instructor: Abby Wills, MA, ERYT,
Abby shares more than twelve years of experience teaching youth and teachers in yoga studios and schools. She serves as Program Director for Shanti Generation, an organization she co-founded to bring the transformational practice of yoga to youth and school communities. Currently, Abby is on faculty at New Roads Middle School and The Walther School, pre-school. In addition to on-going exploration and practice of yogic systems, Abby’s teachings are informed by graduate studies in Developmental Education at Pacific Oaks College. Most recently, Abby collaborated with WSR Creative to produce an innovative DVD program called Yoga Skills for Youth Peacemakers.
Friday May 28, 2010 4:00pm-8:00pm
Saturday May 29 & Sunday May 30, 2010 10am-6pm
821 Traction Ave #108
Los Angeles, Ca 90013
Tuition is BY DONATION (Suggested donation: $175-$300)
For more info or to register email: email@example.com